Info

TEL AVIV CITYSCAPE

Reading power plant at night. The Reading Power Station is a power station supplying electrical power to the Tel Aviv District in central Israel. It is located in the north-western part of the city at the mouth of the Yarkon River, and was built in 1938 during the British Mandate of Palestine.....Reading Power Station is named after Daniel Rufus Isaacs, 1st Marquess of Reading, a chairman of the Israel Electric Corporation.....The power station is made up of number of power producing units. Two units called 'READING A' and two units called 'Reading B', built in the 1950s, are capable of producing 50 megawatts each. Additional units, called 'Reading C' and 'Reading D' (each consisting of two units) have been added in the 1970s. *** Local Caption *** úçðú äëåç øéãéðâ..ìéìä..éø÷åï..úì àáéá..çùîì

Add to Cart Add to Lightbox
Filename
Tel_Aviv_Landscapes 12.jpg
Copyright
Copyright (c) Gili Yaari 2009
Image Size
3556x2371 / 768.6KB
Contained in galleries
Reading power plant at night. The Reading Power Station is a power station supplying electrical power to the Tel Aviv District in central Israel. It is located in the north-western part of the city at the mouth of the Yarkon River, and was built in 1938 during the British Mandate of Palestine.....Reading Power Station is named after Daniel Rufus Isaacs, 1st Marquess of Reading, a chairman of the Israel Electric Corporation.....The power station is made up of number of power producing units. Two units called 'READING A' and two units called 'Reading B', built in the 1950s, are capable of producing 50 megawatts each. Additional units, called 'Reading C' and 'Reading D' (each consisting of two units) have been added in the 1970s. *** Local Caption *** úçðú äëåç øéãéðâ..ìéìä..éø÷åï..úì àáéá..çùîì